Jordan never stops amazing me with the things that she says. Usually, they are totally off the wall, but true nonetheless. Here are a few of the most recent.
"I sure am glad that sharks are man-eaters. That makes me pretty safe." After about a minutes pause "That's not really what that means is it? A shark would still eat me."
"Mommy, can you tell me the location of the pottery place?" I just love that it isn't where is the pottery place, it was location.
"Mommy, how hot do you have to be for a fever?" My response about 100. "Well, then how cold do you have to be when you have a cold?"
"Carter better stay out of my stuff when she starts to play." Even though she has seen babies, she really thinks that it will be a matter of weeks before Carter will be up running, talking, and driving her crazy. Poor thing.
Her favorite word is actually. I bet she uses it 20 times a day.
Jordan in Social Studies class
Teacher: "A man or a woman can become governor of the state of Texas."
Jordan: "Did you know that sometimes a person can be born a boy and a girl? They are called hermaphrodites."
Teacher: "That really isn't appropriate for class."
Jordan: "Okay."
Her social studies/science teacher was very concerned that Jordan not only knew the word, used it correctly, and said it in class. I had to explain that her daddy is a biology teacher and she has been dissecting animals since she was 4. Plus, her mommy and teacher are pregnant, of course she will wonder if people, like some animals, can be hermaphrodites. Had to tell Jordan not to say that word at school anymore.
1 comment:
I knew that "hermaphrodite" would get her in trouble someday. Might clue Jim in to be careful what he says and teaches her. But I really did get a good laugh!!
Post a Comment