Sunday, December 20, 2009

Our boys

We have two wonderful dogs. One an old man at 8 1/2 and the other a puppy still at 1 1/2. As everyone that knows us knows, our old man Cy, has had lots of health obstacles but has fought through them all. Jake started off a little rough, but generally loves life. He is one happy dog! Yesterday both of the dogs had appointments with the vet. Cy needed his shots and Jake had a place on his leg that we needed to get looked at. Friday night, Jim's mom and I took them to the groomer so they would be clean and ready to go. Saturday morning we got up and went to the vet. Jake, being the special dog he is, was so excited to get inside to see Dr. Travis that he literally pulled me down. I had to let go of his leash to catch myself so I wouldn't fall flat. I am fine, if you count bruised and skinned knees as fine! Anyway, Cy is aging. He still has arthritis and is growing fatty tumors, but neither of those things affect his quality of life so he is great. Jake has OCD. Yes, that's right. We have a dog that the vet said was OCD. He won't stop licking his leg, hence the reason he has a sore. Jim always said he was touched and I guess now he has confirmation. Even though he is a little special, I wouldn't trade him for anything. He loves Jordan so much. If he comes in, he goes straight to her room to lay down with her. I am so glad that he loves her that much. Cy, is a daddy's boy. He would follow Jim to the end of the world and back. Of course they both love me twice a day; in the morning and at night when I feed them!

No comments: