Thursday, December 10, 2009

December catch up






Oh my! What a month it has already been, and we are only in the second week of December! Last week Jordan had Nutcracker rehearsals every night, then 3 performances beginning on Friday. She did a wonderful job as a Christmas Angel! The only bad part about rehearsals, other than the fact that she didn't get home until after 8:30 every night, was there was no heat in the theater! The heater broke and they couldn't get the parts in time. Needless to say, it was freezing every night! I was never nervous about her performing in front of so many people, however I was nervous about her tripping on her costume and falling, as she did that 3 times during rehearsals! My fears were unfounded; she performed beautifully. She was especially interested in the professional ballerina that was performing the role of Sugar Plum Fairy. She came all the way from New York (the American Ballet Company to be specific) to be in our production. I was glad Jordan was able to see a "real" ballerina perform.






I was hoping, with all of our late nights, that we would have a snow day last Friday, but that did not happen for us. It snowed, and Jordan was able to play in it for a few mintues, but we still had to go to school on time. Of course by the time we got home, all the snow had melted. I am thinking it will snow again, so hopefully, Jordan will be able to make a snowman next time.






With Jim's help, I managed to take some pictures for our Christmas card. That is always easier said than done, but this year I decided to do an actual photo card, so that I could include 4 small pictures, instead of the one big picture. Not sure that I will stick with that format for the upcoming years, but I had to try it once.






We only have one more big event this month, the choir concert at church. This Sunday will be the last of our hectic days, then we will be able to relax for a couple of weeks. Of course, it won't be long until we will be waiting on pins and needles for Carter to arrive, but we still have a bit before then. I hope that you enjoy the pictures!

No comments: