Wednesday, November 18, 2009

My Husband

I have the most wonderful husband, who has always been overjoyed at the fact that we had a girl, Jordan, and now have another girl on the way. People are always amazed that he wasn't dreaming of a boy that would play football for him. He and Jordan have the best relationship and I can't wait to see the relationship he forms with Carter. With this said, last night was the first time he has EVER mentioned a hint of regret about not having a boy. I got him an early Christmas present, a new toy for one of his guns. He was so excited to get it and try it out. After playing with it, and reading the book that came with it, he came in the living room and said that it occurred to him that he wouldn't have a son to pass his gun on to. He quickly followed with, I guess I have lots of sons, just not one to give my guns too. It broke my heart, but he quickly mended it when he said he didn't mean anything bad by it, in fact, he has Jordan who he is sure will want his guns in 30 years. I'm thinking maybe in 30 years we will have grandsons that he can share this passion with!

I'm so lucky that Jim is such a great daddy to Jordan, and I'm sure that he will be a great daddy with Carter. It is true, we have lots of sons, and Jordan has lots of big brothers, and I know that Jim wouldn't trade his girls for anything in the world.

2 comments:

Camo and Pearls said...

I love the fact that he considers his students "sons." What a kind man, and you know half those boys need father figures. He is doing so much for the next generation!

Janet Wommack said...

You can never know how proud of Jim I am and how much I love him. Well--I guess you are just as proud and love Jordan just as much. But I do think that he is a very special man and Daddy.