Thursday, September 17, 2009

It's a....




So today was THE day. Jim got to sleep in, Jordan and I had to leave earlier than usual, but at 7:20 we were all at the doctor's office waiting patiently for my sonogram. I have been very nervous, mainly because I'm not feeling a whole lot of baby movement. Promptly at 7:30 the nice radiologist ushered us back to the sonogram room and put warm gel on my stomach. And there was our beautiful baby! Jordan was amazed. I was really amazed because it was constantly moving and kicking, and I'm laying there not feeling a darn thing. It only took the radiologist about five minutes before she discovered that we have yet another child that is not bashful. And again, we have a baby girl! Jordan has said all along that she wants a brother, so yesterday I did prepare her that there is a chance that it could be a girl, and I'm sure glad I did. She was so happy that she got to see her baby sister. We watched the heart and saw all the vital organs. She was not shy at all about shoving her feet at the wand so we have the coolest footprint picture. According to today's sonogram, my due date is now February 8, which is fine with me. I'm glad that we have know what "it" is so we can call her by her name. Of course I'm sure Jim and Jordan will continue to call her Peanut, but I'm getting in the habit of calling her Carter. I'm so glad that we stumbled upon that name, sometime ago. I even took Jordan to the store and she picked out Carter's first outfit. She is so proud!






On a humorous note, at my regular appointment on Tuesday, Jordan was with me. She did a great job of sitting quietly and listening to Dr. Adams. However, at the end of the visit she looked over to the counter and said, "Look mommy, an esophagus." Dr. Adams and I both looked (after all I was at the OB) and Dr. Adams quickly said, "Oh yeah, good job." and smiled at me. It was a diagram of a uterus and birth canal.

3 comments:

Janet Wommack said...

I love granddaughters so Carter will be another precious addition!! Love the story about the esophagus.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Carman! I bet Jordan is so excited to be a big sister!

Kele said...

Can't wait to make that little lovey some fun girly stuff!!