Monday, September 14, 2009

Tears of joy

I wish I could say that being pregnant causes me to cry at the drop of a hat where Jordan is concerned, but I honestly cannot say that. It is true that the hormones have made me a little more teary eyed at random things, but when it comes to my beautiful girl, I always get choked up. I think it started the first day she went to daycare, she smiled at me for the first time when I dropped her off. Of course I every single first she did made me cry; first day of school (every year!), first friend birthday party (well pretty much every party), first time she played t-ball, you get the idea. Today was no exception. She auditioned for the Nutcracker on Saturday, and results were to be posted today. I wanted so badly for her to get some part, I didn't care what, just something, but of course, I was a good mommy and prepared her that the other girls auditioning had been in dance much longer and if she didn't get a part it would be okay. We wouldl try again next year. So today, as I'm going down the list of parts, my heart is beginning to hurt because I haven't seen her name, then close to the bottom of the list, there it is. Jordan Womak (yes it was misspelled) Angel! I had to suck up my tears really fast as my beautiful daughter showed me that huge, proud smile. Even now as I type this, I get tears in my eyes. I wonder if it will be like this for the one on the way. I hope so. I do enjoy sharing all these wonderful moments in her life. I hope that this is what she looks back on and remembers. Not me griping at her to clean her room, or find her shoes.

2 comments:

Kele said...

Can't wait to see the pics from opening night!
BTW, yes and yes!! Yes, you will feel this way with the next one, and yes, THOSE are most definitely the moments she will remember, not your nagging at her to find her shoes! ;-)

Janet Wommack said...

Yes, it will be the same for Carter Leigh. No matter how many you have or how old you get you will have tears of joy for them and also tears of unhappiness at times. Children are wonderful gifts from God.