Saturday, March 31, 2012

Jordan

I've decided to do two posts today, one for each daughter. I think that is only fair, and it is only right that I start with the oldest daughter. Jordan has been a questioner since she first started talking. I promise you've never seen a child ask why so many times. I think someone once told me it was a phase and she would grow out of it. They were wrong, she still asks why, and how, and when, and what. So, what fun times I've had this week as in science they have started studying genes! It started with "Mommy where do babies come from?" I know this is not an unusual question, she asked it before, but with the new knowledge she has my usual answers were not going to cut it. I said from God, and she responded, not everyone believes in God. Can you tell that I am in trouble? The next day my question was "If 18 chromosomes come from the girl and 18 come from the boy, HOW do they get together to make a baby?" I didn't ask this stuff when I was 10! Even if I learned about it, the thought didn't cross my mind. So, we made a decision that dad would take Miss Carter to Bronte and Jordan and I would stay home and have "the talk". As Jim and Carter left, I can't make this up, Jordan says how do girls have eggs and where are they? We came in, and I started "the talk". I know that all of you whose daughters are younger are super jealous as you read this, because you want to do this as well. I hope you can tell my sarcasm there :) It went surprisingly well. She asked appropriate questions, and thought the appropriate things were gross. Then, as luck would have it, the Discovery Science channel had a show on called Life before Baby and it answered even more questions. I'm hoping I'm done with these questions for awhile now!

No comments: