Saturday, March 6, 2010
Softball
Jordan decided that she wanted to play softball this year. We played t-ball for two years in Athens, and while it was fun, she never really enjoyed it all that much. The teams were stacked, and unfortunately we were never on the winning team. This paired with the fact that Jordan doesn't have the best hand/eye coordination, made t-ball not so much fun. So you can imagine how surprised I was when she wanted to play this year. I was a little leery because of the coordination thing and she's not the fastest girl in the world. But, we signed up and she had her first practice last night. I was pleasantly surprised that she could throw the softball better than the last time she played. Then, I looked down to feed Carter, and when I looked back up, I noticed Jordan was walking off the field with her coach. I kept waiting for her to come to the car, but she never did. So, when practice was over, I found out what happened. She got hit in the nose by the ball! I wasn't too surprised, because if something like that is going to happen it's going to happen to her. I was so proud of her though, because she told coach she wanted to keep playing and she wasn't afraid of the ball. The reason it hit her face, was because she was trying to catch it. Now, she is still pretty slow (she'll never run the 100M) but she is definitely improving! When I get a picture of her lovely swollen nose, I will post it too.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Good for her!! Just like when you fall off a horse you have to get right back on. She got hit and kept playing. I'm so proud of her and I can hardly wait to come to a game.
Post a Comment