Saturday, March 6, 2010
Gasch
When I first started dating Jim, he had a dog named Gasch (pronounced Gash). He was a great dog, even had his own chair in Jim's house. I guess his only downfall was he liked to run, if ever given the opportunity. So, when Jim and I got married, Gasch became our dog. I cannot say enough what a great dog he was. We could leave him inside all day and he would not tear anything up, or potty anywhere in the house. Shortly after our one year anniversary, Gasch started acting very odd. He would follow me everywhere. If I went outside, he was right by me. When I went in, he followed me in. He kept a very close eye on me. Jim and I couldn't figure out what was wrong with this crazy dog, but he knew something that Jim and I would find out shortly. He knew, long before us, that Jordan would be joining us. Sadly, he died before he could meet Jordan. (He was mysteriously getting out of the yard on a daily basis, and he went toward the highway the last time.) It was very hard on me, and even harder on Jim. He had Gasch for 8 years before he died. With all of this said, yesterday, the girls and I were on our way home from getting Jordan's softball stuff when I passed a lady walking 2 dogs. I literally stopped in the middle of the road, one of the dogs looked just like Gasch! This is an amazing fact since Gasch was a mutt. So, at supper, I tell Jim, I don't want to make you sad, but today on the way home, and he stopped me and said, you saw a dog that looked just like Gasch! He had seen the same lady earlier! We know there is no way it was our dog (like I said he was 8 when he died, and that was 8 years ago) but what an awesome feeling to see our dog again.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Love the story. Just proves that those we love never completely leave us.
Post a Comment