I went back to work this week, and it was much easier than I thought it would be. I will admit that on Sunday I was a little weepy, although I didn't let anyone know. But Monday morning got here, and Carter was so nice, she only got up once at 4:00 so I got a great night's sleep. Of course Carter got rave reviews at daycare. She might be the most fussed over baby there! Jordan was super excited to have me back at school. She was so glad to be able to come to my class before and after school. However, on Wednesday night a cold front blew in, and something came in with it. During the middle of the night, poor Miss Carter was very congested and there wasn't a thing I could do about it. Luckily, her doctor let us come in Thursday morning, and she was diagnosed with her first cold. :( She and I stayed home for the rest of the day, and her Marmoo came and stayed with her today. I'm hoping her nose starts running soon, to alleviate the stuffiness.
Jordan has started softball, which is always interesting. She tries so hard, and I am so very proud of her. She throws the ball so much better than when she played t-ball, and she is not afraid to get in front of the ball to catch it. Now we just need to work on batting. It's a little scary to swing at a ball that is zooming by at 35 mph! But, on a positive note, she did get a hit in her scrimmage last night. We were all so surprised, no one more than her. She forgot to run to 1st for a minute!
Before Carter's first day of school. Yes, Jordan is wearing a St. Patrick's Day shirt. Gotta love the fashion sense of an 8 year old.
Carter dressed up before her first Sunday of church.
1 comment:
I love you all being close enough that I can help when needed ALSO get to spend more time with the girls--and Carman and Jim.
Post a Comment