Friday, August 7, 2009

Dance

For the last two years, Jordan has taken ballet, tap and jazz from an odd woman in Athens, but Jordan loved going so I hated to take her out of it. However, after this spring's recital, I had decided that she was just a little too odd, and we would have to take dance somewhere else. Fortunately, we moved, and my decision was made a little easier. San Angelo has two dance studios, but one came highly recommended. They teach classical ballet (and ballet is what Jordan really wanted to be in) and even do a production of the Nutcracker each Christmas. Of course, I jumped at the chance to enroll her in the studio. I am well aware that she is not the most graceful of girls, but I'm hoping that taking ballet will help her in this department. She is very excited to start the class and she can't wait to audition for the Nutcracker.

1 comment:

Janet Wommack said...

I'm so glad that Jordan is going to take ballet. I don't expect her to be a professional, classical ballerina, but I think that it will help her with poise and grace. I can hardly wait for The Nutcracker this Christmas season.