It has been a very crazy couple of weeks. For whatever reason, I have had a hard time getting into the school mind, so going back has been a little difficult. Luckily, Jordan has been able to spend tons of time with her grandparents (both sets) so that has made life a little easier. With that said, she has been spending the week in Bronte, and the last couple of weekends in Odessa. Today, I got a text message that said to check my email and call. It took awhile, but the email finally came through on my phone, and there was my baby girl riding her bike with no training wheels! I know this may seem odd, since she is seven, but East Texas is very hilly, and I am a very paranoid mommy. But now that we are back in flat West Texas, she has just taken off riding her bike. Of course, I'm sitting at lunch fighting back the tears as I call her to tell her how proud I am of her. Even Jim said it made him sad that he wasn't there to see this first. She is also on a museum kick, so she has visited some of West Texas' finest the last couple of weeks. She went to both the Art and Presidential museums a couple of weeks ago, then this past weekend she went to the CAF. Her favorite was the plane she got at the gift shop, BUT of the museums she really like going to the Bush house behind the Presidential museum.
Of course Jim has started football, and absolutely loves it. He is so much happier being back here. He says almost daily how happy he is that we moved back, eventhough we are the oldest couple on the staff! On the baby front, things are going great! The baby is extremely active, kicking or hitting the heart monitor while the doctor was listening. I'm sure that soon I will be feeling those hits. We have our second trimeseter ultrasound scheduled for the middle of September, so we will know before long what this is. Last night, as we were leaving Meet the Chiefs, Jim looked down at me, and said Wow, you really look pregnant. (He did not mean this in a mean way at all, I will add) He said it was the first time he really noticed. So, lots of info, but I'm sure I will be better since school is about to start.
2 comments:
You know how crazy I am about your husband and what a sweetheart I think he is, so the disclaimer about 'not meaning it to be mean' wasn't necessary for me to know! Tickled to know you are looking prego... can't wait to see that!
Sooooo glad to hear how happy you guys are there. Still want to give you that shower if you will allow me. Guess I better get busy since it is going to be a long distance one for some people!
Can't wait to hear if we are having a quarterback or a cheerleader! (Do you like the 'we' in that? Yup, this baby is part ours too... LOL!)
Love you guys!
So excited to hear you all are doing well. Cant wait to hear the sex of the baby.
Post a Comment