Thursday, December 16, 2010
Signs from God
I've always believed that God gives us signs and directs us to where we need to be, and what we need to be doing. As I look back at life, I can see these signs so clearly. (Isn't that always the case!) In my married life, I can see these signs very clearly. When we were first married, we interviewed for jobs in Giddings. We got the jobs and found a house. It was so easy. We were meant to be there. Our next move, however, wasn't nearly as easy. We searched and searched for a house to buy, and in the end bought a nice house. It was so difficult. As proof that God did not intend for us to be in Conroe, Jim ended up moving 7 months after we bought the house! Thankfully, God was looking out for us, and our house sold very easily. We were meant to be in Athens, as we found jobs and housing extremely easy again. Our Jordan grew up with great friends and we made such wonderful, lifelong friends during our time there. We sensed however that the door in Athens was closing so we started looking for where God wanted us. We landed in San Angelo. While we found a house easily, my job was not as easy to come by, and it has not been very smooth. Even our move was difficult! (My grandmother passed away, I took kids to DC, and the truck broke down numerous times on the way to San Angelo.) Of course, we love being back in West Texas, close to family. Looking back, it is clear God was not quite ready for us to move back to West Texas. However, now it feels like the place He wanted us, has presented itself. We are embarking on a new adventure, in a new town. We will be moving to Big Spring, this weekend! God provided us a house, two great jobs, an awesome school for both girls, and by His grace, the ability for me to get things packed in a week! It is always easy to see the signs when you look back.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I pray that Big Spring will be a WONDERFUL time of your life. I am so grateful that I can be a part of it.
Post a Comment